As an AI language model, it has several limitations, when you ask chatGPT it says:
- Lack of common sense: Although I have been trained on a vast corpus of text data, I do not possess common sense like humans do, which can sometimes result in providing irrelevant or inaccurate responses.
- Knowledge cutoff: My knowledge is based on the data that was available to me at the time of my training, which was up until September 2021. I do not have access to current events or new information beyond that date.
- Limited ability to understand context: While I can understand natural language, I can sometimes struggle with understanding the context of a conversation or specific nuances of language, which can lead to misinterpretations or incorrect responses.
- Dependence on the quality of input: My responses are only as good as the quality of input provided to me. If the input is vague, incomplete, or inaccurate, my responses may also be less accurate.
- Inability to perform physical actions: As a language model, I can only provide information and respond to queries. I cannot perform physical actions or execute tasks in the real world.
Additionally there are few limitations of chatGPT as per tested information
- Not able to generate image based on text information – when you ask chatGPT to generate image of a mango tree it says – I’m sorry, but as an AI language model, I do not have the ability to generate images on my own. However, you can search for images of a mango tree using a search engine like Google Images or other image databases. Alternatively, there are also various image generation tools and software available online that can be used to generate images of mango trees or other objects. However, it’s worth noting that the quality and accuracy of the generated images may vary depending on the tool or software used.
- limitations to retrieve informations from internet- when you ask chatGPT – “are you able to find desired information on entire internet servers”. It says – As an AI language model, I don’t have direct access to the entire internet servers, and I cannot browse the internet like a web browser. However, I can retrieve information from various sources on the internet, including websites, databases, and other online resources, based on the queries provided to me by the user. Additionally, my responses are based on my pre-existing knowledge from the vast corpus of text data that I have been trained on, which includes information from a wide range of sources. However, please note that the information I provide is not always guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, and I encourage users to verify the information and sources for themselves.